Posts Tagged ‘Find Purpose and Direction’
How Do You Find Your Purpose and Direction to Start Living Your Dream?
- Published on Saturday, 06 July 2019 22:24
- 0 Comments
Do you keep working harder and harder only to find out you are getting nowhere? Are your courageous efforts getting you where you want to be in life? If not, maybe you lack purpose and direction.
John F. Kennedy once said that “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” Without these, there is no fuel behind your actions to create what you want in life.
How do you discover your purpose and direction in life? Here are some simple steps to help you tap into your own knowing about what is true for you.
1. Begin by writing down your answers to these questions:
When you think about what you are doing every day, do you feel passionate about it, or is it merely a survival game? If you want to enjoy life and get ahead, it is essential to have a passion for the work you are doing.
What kind of things bring you passion and make you feel alive, as if time doesn’t exist? Are they hobbies, favorite pastimes, some kind of work that you are a natural at…?
2. Then contemplate each one as if it were a possible new career for you to pursue.
3. Now go back and think of each one again, noting how you feel when you imagine yourself in each possible position in your future. Just close your eyes and imagine what each would look and feel like.
4. Now, select the one that feels the best and most natural to you.
5. Allow yourself to create a virtual reality in your imagination and see yourself joyfully doing this work. Feel how amazing it feels… Does it bring you a feeling of passion, purpose, and direction?
6. Take time to contemplate how you could go about creating this possible career in your future.
7. Write down the answers to the following questions:
What resources do you have to help you pursue this possible future?
Who do you know who can help?
How much courageous effort are you willing to put out to live your passion?
Are you willing to keep going if you fail the first, second, third time…?
What can you do if this happens?
Are you willing to embrace your success when and how it comes?
Is living your passion worth it?
With a little effort and courage, your honest answers to these questions will help you find your purpose and direction in life! Then it is your choice where you go from there.
Jennifer Krause once told Oprah that, “As long as you keep letting life ask you another question—and reveal that there is always more for you to be and do—you are unstoppable.”
When you discover your life purpose and begin moving in its direction, there are unlimited possibilities that will evolve to take you beyond living your wildest dreams. As you continue asking yourself more questions, like the ones above and tapping into your own knowing, it will keep you aligned with your true passion every step of the way.
All I know is that living your dream is soooo worth it!!!
Loving Light and Smiles,